Monday 7 January 2008

full of beans


I love beans. This is kidney bean curry masquarading as chili. (onions, tomatoes, coriander, salt, amchoor powder, pomegranite seeds, pepper, salt, fenugreek, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, bay, cardamom, caraway and some other stuff that smelled like it might go, plus kidney beans, plus some leftover steamed broccoli). I love using my mortar and pestle to smash up spices almost as much as I like beans, as you can tell by that list. The bread is anise fig sourdough bread. I'm trying to learn how to make bread, because much of the bread here is disastrously unvegan, and also too fluffy and white for my liking. The trying is rather half-assed, though, because I don't really eat that much bread in the first place. Still, sometimes you need a vehicle for eating dried figs instead of just sitting there and eating the whole package at once. So, bread.
Soundtrack for the dancing/cooking: No quarter.

No comments: