Saturday 5 April 2008

simple

I got my veg box this week, and immediately got excited. There was a bag of mixed bitter greens, a huge daikon, and perfect carrots (and 5 avocados, but they're still ripening). The vegetables were so perfect, it would have been silly to do too much to them. And I've been having quite a few fancy dinners lately, so I was ready for a night of rice and vegetables. It was cold today, and I went running. Then I had a shower with this fabulous luxurious almond stuff that a friend sent me. It's one of those lovely nights in where everything is cozy and quiet. Here we have rice, seaweed and carrot salad (wakame, carrot, vinegar, soy sauce, agave) daikon in miso sauce (daikon simmered in the seaweed water then tossed with miso and white wine) and steamed mixed greens topped with soy sauce, crushed sesame seeds, vinegar and a few drops of sesame oil.

slow dancing to: marlene dietrich.

2 comments:

Tuimeltje said...

Simply lovely. :)

medici said...

i am of two minds. (1) i log onto this site hoping for a new post, but (2) this bowl of simple food looks so pleasing that i never want it to go away.

what a lovely dilemma!